FCC License Examinations
Technician, General, & Extra Class
Want to get your amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license? It's easy! ARRL VE examiners will be on hand to provide testing for all classes of amateur radio licenses on Friday and Saturday. There is NO TESTING on Sunday.
Important Information About Testing at HamCation
- The sessions are limited to 25 candidates.
- All persons must be pre-reigstered.
- Register by emailing Val (AK4MM) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must bring a photo ID.
- If you are upgrading your license please bring any CSCEs you hold and a copy of each, a photocopy of your current license.
- We will provide NCVEC form 605.
- Please bring a pencil and pen. We have a limited supply.
- The ARRL testing fee is $15 (Cash Only!). Please have exact change.
What You Must Do - Please Read!
- We will be administering the Technician, General, and Amateur Extra exams via the ARRL VEC.The following link will prepare you for exam day:
- Be sure to obtain an FRN (unless you already have one from other FCC encounters like a GMRS license, or a pilot's radio license, or a quadcopter flying license, etc.). In any case, look up your FRN, or obtain one from the FCC's Universal Licensing System:
- If you are already licensed, and are seeking to upgrade, lookup your FRN; it is on your license or here:
- Using your FRN (not your SSN), DOWNLOAD & FILL-OUT on your computer/tablet the following NCVEC Quick-Form 605:
Please DO NOT PRINT THE FORM, DO NOT SIGN THE FORM, DO NOT SCAN THE FORM!
- Lastly, (and before Sunday, February 4, 2019!) email the electronically filled-in (typed) version f the NCVEC Quick-Form 605 ".pdf" form to: email@example.com
Please indicate in your email which exam you wish to take. You can tak all exams at a single session if you wish.
TECHNICIAN, GENERAL, or AMATEUR EXTRA.
Please also indicate which session you wish to be seated. You can take all exams at a single sessiion if you wish:
3PM Friday, Feb 8th.
9AM Saturday, Feb 8th
1PM Saturday, Feb 10th
- You are "registered" when we receive that typed/filled-in interactive ".pdf" form, and indicate which exam(s) and exam session, by February 4th. We will verify successful receipt of your form.
- Then, prepare for your exam day! Be sure to bring a photo id, $15 exam fee, and your lucky pencil.
Testing Dates & Times
There are three testing sessions this year. The first session will be on Friday, February 8th, 2019 at 3:00 PM in the Social Hall. The other two sessions will be on Saturday, February 9th, 2019 at 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM in the Social Hall.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.