FCC License Examinations
Technician, General, & Extra Class
Are you looking to get you amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license, or do you know someone that wants to get their tech license? Well, here is your chance.
We are partnering with HamStudy.org to bring you a seamlessly in person Digital Test Session.
We will be the 1st, large hamfest to do this.
Important Information About Testing at HamCation
- Let us know you're coming! Priority will be given to those who have pre-registered by February 1st. Very simple registration.
- Exam room seating is limited to 25 candidates at a time.
- There is NO CHARGE to take exams at HamCation. Please register early!
- Exams are administered throughout the following times:
- 10AM - 3PM, Friday (doors close at 3PM)
- 9AM - 2PM, Saturday (doors close at 2PM)
- NO TESTING, Sunday
- You can take more than one exam at a session (but only if you study for them): Technician, General, Amateur Extra
- Plan on a minimum of 15 minutes for your exam session. Some sessions take longer if technology issues arise.
- Let us know if you need any accommodations (such as large print, verbal exam readings, etc.)
- You must bring a government issued Photo ID.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN FCC Registration Number (FRN) to take exams at HamCation! Candidates seeking to upgrade their license already have an FRN!
The FCC will not process any applications without an FRN. You must obtain an FRN before the session if you are unlicensed.
To obtain your FRN, simply follow the instructions at:
- When coming to a test session, be sure to bring: Your current government issued Photo ID, any original CSCE you have, plus a copy if you are using them for exam credit, and your FCC Registration Number (FRN).
- Don't delay! Pre-Register today! Then, prepare for the exam at: HamStudy.org
- PLEASE VERIFY DATE REQUESTED - There are different registration links for each day!
Register Now Below!
To register to take your exam on Friday, February 10, 2023 Click Here
To register to take your exam on Saturday, February 11, 2023 Click Here
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.