FCC License Examinations
Technician, General, & Extra Class
Want to get your amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license? The new Technician Exam question pool is easier than ever this year! A team of volunteer examiners (VE's) will be on hand, ready to administer exams for all three classes (levels) of amateur radio licenses!
Testing will be at the Children's Safety Village in Classroom 1. The address is 910 Fairvilla Road Orlando, Florida 32808. You will have 2 options for parking. 1st park in the HamCation parking areas and go to a designated pickup location to catch a shuttle to the Children's Safety Village. Or you can park at the Children's Safety Village, but you will have to move your car once you are done testing. (Limited Parking)
Important Information About Testing at HamCation
- All persons must be pre-regstered by Friday, February 1st, 2019.
- There is NO CHARGE to take exams at HamCation this year! Register early!
- Exam sessions are limited to 25 candidates
- There are three exam sessions available:
- 3PM Friday, Feb 7th.
- 9AM Saturday, Feb 8th
- 1PM Saturday, Feb 8th
- NO TESTING on Sunday, Feb 9th
- You can take more than one exam at a session (but only if you study for them): Technician, General, Amateur Extra
- You must bring a government issued Photo ID.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN FCC Registration Number (FRN) to take exams at HamCation! Those candidates that are upgrading already have one. You will need that FRN to pre-register!
- To obtain an FRN (unless you already have one from other FCC encounters like a GMRS license, or a pilot's radio license, or a quadcopter flying license, etc.). In any case, look up your FRN, or obtain one, from the FCC's Universal Licensing System:
- Staying informed is the best way to set your mind at ease. You can familiarize yourself with what to expect at a typical exam session by reading the following link:
- If you are already licensed, and are seeking to upgrade, lookup your FRN; it is on your license or here:
- Don't delay! Pre-Register today! Then, prepare for exam day! Don't forget that Photo ID, and your lucky pencil!
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.