FCC License Examinations
Technician, General, & Extra Class
Want to get your amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license? A team of volunteer examiners (VE's) will be on hand, ready to administer exams for all three classes (levels) of amateur radio licenses!
Testing will be at the Children's Safety Village in Classroom 1. The address is 910 Fairvilla Road, Orlando, Florida 32808. You will have 2 options for parking: park in the HamCation parking areas and go to the designated pickup location near the East gate to catch a free shuttle to the Children's Safety Village. Or, you can park at the Children's Safety Village, but you will have to move your car once you are done testing. (Very Limited Parking)
Important Information About Testing at HamCation
- Let us know you're coming! Priority will be given to those who have pre-registered by Saturday, February 1st, 2020. Very simple registration.
- Exam room seating is limited to 25 candidates at a time.
- There is NO CHARGE to take exams at HamCation this year! Please Register early!
- Exams are administered throughout the following times:
- 10AM - 3PM, Friday, Feb 7th (doors close at 3PM)
- 9AM - 2PM, Saturday, Feb 8th (doors close at 2PM)
- NO TESTING, Sunday, Feb 9th
- You can take more than one exam at a session (but only if you study for them): Technician, General, Amateur Extra
- You must bring a government issued Photo ID.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN FCC Registration Number (FRN) to take exams at HamCation! Candidates seeking to upgrade their license already have an FRN! You will need that FRN to pre-register!
- If you are already licensed, and are seeking to upgrade, lookup your FRN; it is on your license or here: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
- To obtain an FRN (unless you already have one from other FCC encounters like a GMRS license, or a pilot's radio license, or a quadcopter flying license, etc.), perform a search, look up your FRN, or obtain one, go to the FCC's Universal Licensing System: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=about_getting_started
- Staying informed is the best way to set your mind at ease. You can familiarize yourself with what to expect at a typical exam session by reading the following link: http://www.arrl.org/what-to-bring-to-an-exam-session
- Don't delay! Pre-Register today! Then, prepare for exam day! Don't forget that Photo ID, and your lucky pencil!
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.