FCC License Examinations
Technician, General, & Extra Class
Are you looking to get you amateur radio license or upgrade your existing license, or do you know someone that wants to get their tech license? Well, here is your chance.
Important Information About Testing at HamCation
- Let us know you're coming! Priority will be given to those who have pre-registered by February 1st, 2022. Very simple registration.
- Exam room seating is limited to 25 candidates at a time.
- There is NO CHARGE to take exams at HamCation this year! Please Register early!
- Exams are administered throughout the following times:
- 10AM - 3PM, Friday (doors close at 3PM)
- 9AM - 2PM, Saturday (doors close at 2PM)
- NO TESTING, Sunday
- You can take more than one exam at a session (but only if you study for them): Technician, General, Amateur Extra
- You must bring a government issued Photo ID.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN FCC Registration Number (FRN) to take exams at HamCation! Candidates seeking to upgrade their license already have an FRN! You will need that FRN to pre-register!
- If you are already licensed, and are seeking to upgrade, lookup your FRN; it is on your license or here: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
- To obtain an FRN (unless you already have one from other FCC encounters like a GMRS license, or a pilot's radio license, or a quadcopter flying license, etc.), perform a search, look up your FRN, or obtain one, go to the FCC's Universal Licensing System: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=about_getting_started
- Staying informed is the best way to set your mind at ease. You can familiarize yourself with what to expect at a typical exam session by reading the following link: http://www.arrl.org/what-to-bring-to-an-exam-session
- Don't delay! Pre-Register today! Then, prepare for exam day! Don't forget that Photo ID, and your lucky pencil!
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.